||The Association holds an annual meeting in late spring/early summer attracting scholars from the United States, Canada and many other countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The 2011 LSA meeting is taking place June 2-5 2011 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel, San Francisco, CA USA.
The Call for Papers for LSA 2011 is available here.
In preparation for this meeting the CRN on Citizenship and Immigration has submitted a proposal to create an International Research Collaborative (IRC).
The 2010 LSA Meeting took place in Chicago, Illinois, USA at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel from May 27 – May 30, 2010. On the conference site, it is possible to search for individual sessions and browse by date and time.
For this 2010 Meeting of the LSA, the CRN02 on Citizenship and Immmigration sponsored the following sessions:
- The Effects of Immigration Policy and Practice on Children, Session 1301, Thu, May 27, 12:30 – 2:15p
- Immigration Policy and Reform: Rights and Wrongs, Session 1401, Thu, May 28, 2:30 – 4:15p
- International Perspectives on Political Asylum and Exceptionalism, Session 2101, Fri, May 29, 8:15 – 10:00a
- Language Rights and Policy: Emerging Issues, Evolving Norms, Session 2301, Fri, May 29, 12:30 – 2:15p
- Roundtable–Immigration and Communities: Reception, Advocacy, and Law in the “Model City”, Session 2501, Fri, May 29, 4:30 – 6:15p
- The Localization of Immigration Policy: Spaces of Exclusion and Inclusion, Session 3504, Sat, 4:30 – 6:15p
- South African Struggles for Social Justice and Promoting Diversity in the Dutch Courts, Session 3413, 2:30 – 4:15p (co-sponsored with CRN13 African Law and Society)
The 2009 LSA Meeting took place in Denver, Colorado, USA at the Grand Hyatt Denver Hotel from May 28 – May 31, 2009. On the conference site, it is possible to search for individual sessions and browse by date and time.
For this 2009 Meeting of the LSA, the CRN02 on Citizenship and Immmigration sponsored the Citizenship and Immigration Roundtable: A Conversation about Immigrant Rights (Session 1301) on Thu, May 28 – 12:30pm – 2:15pm
Furthermore, there were several other sessions at the Denver meeting that addressed citizenship and immigration matters, including:
- A “Glocal” Conversation Exploring the Local and Global Aspects of Immigration, Session 1101, Thu, May 28 – 8:15am – 10:00am
- Citizenship and Belonging: Comparative Perspectives, Session 3411, Sat, May 30 – 2:30pm – 4:15pm
- Legal Geography VI–Migrations, Borders, and Insecurity in Late-Capitalist Societies: Structural and Comparative Analyses of Immigration Control across Europe and the US, Session 3407, Sat, May 30 – 2:30pm – 4:15pm
- Entrepreneurship and Asset Building in Immigrant Communities, Session 1319, Thu, May 28 – 12:30pm – 2:15pm
- Harsh Criminal “Justice” Re/Constructs the Identity of the Immigrant and the Legal System, Session 2115, Fri, May 29 – 8:15am – 10:00am
- Identity at the Intersection of Race, Gender, and Nation, Session 1222, Thu, May 28 – 10:15am – 12:00pm
- Law and Politics in Pathways of Citizenship, Session 1208, Thu, May 28 – 10:15am – 12:00pm
- Legal Institutions and Undocumented Communities, Session 4119, Sun, May 31 – 8:15am – 10:00am
- Roundtable on Immigration and Communities: Legal Status, Employment, and Inequalities, Session 2121, Fri, May 29 – 8:15am – 10:00am
The 2008 LSA Meeting was held in Montreal, Canada from May 29 – June 1, 2008. For this 2008 Joint Meeting of the LSA and CLSA, the CRN02 on Citizenship and Immmigration sponsored the following panels.
- Panel 48018, European Immigration Policies and Their Effects
- Panel 47586, Contestations in the Enactment of Immigration Law
- Panel 48044, Citizenship without nationality: social exclusion through legal designation
- Panel 48027, Cartographies and Women in Law
- Panel 47164, Education and Human Rights
- Panel 47339, Immigration Law & Politics in the US, Mexico, and Canada
- Panel 47985, Refugee Law and Policy in the United States and Canada in Historical and Comparative Perspective
Conference Website for CLSA / LSA 2008 in Montreal
If you know of any relevant upcoming meetings that should be listed on this site, please contact the Citizenship and Immigration CRN’s website manager.